Winter Break Meal Bag Info
Our amazing Deer Park nutritional staff would like to wish you happy holidays and remind you of the first ever Meal Bag rollout. 7 days of breakfast/lunch will be provided to each child, IF you sign up below or visit one of the grab and go locations. Please see Superintendent Davis’s letter below for all the details!
CLICK HERE to sign up for your winter break meal bag.
Each meal bag will contain:
1 Loaf of Bread
Sliced Canned Fruit
Frozen French Toast Sticks
From Superintendent Addison Davis:
For the first time our district will provide students with free meals over Winter Break. Our tremendous Student Nutrition Services team is launching Winter Break Meal Bags. Each bag contains 14 meals – enough food to serve breakfast and lunch for 7 days for one child. These meals meet all USDA nutritional guidelines. Limit one meal bag per child.
We have multiple options for families to take advantage of this exceptional opportunity. Parents or guardians can reserve a meal bag by filling out a form at www.surveymonkey.com/r/HCPSWinterBreakMealBag. One form must be submitted for every meal bag reserved.
Families who reserve a bag will be able to pick it up at our Silo Bend Distribution Center, located at 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, FL 33619, between 12pm and 7pm on December 14th, 15th or 16th. Supplies are limited, so reserving a bag is strongly encouraged.
If you are unable to reserve a bag at the Silo Bend Distribution Center, there will be another opportunity for families to pick up at one of 25 Grab and Go sites, from 10-11:30 a.m., on Thursday, December 17th. A list of the locations is below:
|Armwood High School||12000 U.S. Hwy. 92, Seffner|
|Blake High School||1701 North Boulevard, Tampa|
|Bloomingdale High School||1700 E. Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico|
|Brandon High School||1101 Victoria St., Brandon|
|Chamberlain High School||9401 N. Boulevard, Tampa|
|Durant High School||4748 Cougar Path, Plant City|
|East Bay High School||7710 Old Big Bend Rd., Gibsonton|
|Freedom High School||17410 Commerce Park Blvd., Tampa|
|Gaither High School||16200 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa|
|Hillsborough High School||5000 N. Central Ave., Tampa|
|Jefferson High School||4401 Cypress St., Tampa|
|King High School||6815 N. 56th St., Tampa|
|Lennard High School||2342 E. Shell Point Rd., Ruskin|
|Leto High School||4409 W. Sligh Ave., Tampa|
|Middleton High School||4801 N. 22nd St., Tampa|
|Newsome High School||16550 Fishhawk Blvd., Lithia|
|Plant High School||2415 S. Himes Ave., Tampa|
|Plant City High School||One Raider Place, Plant City|
|Riverview High School||11311 Boyette Rd., Riverview|
|Robinson High School||6311 S. Lois Ave., Tampa|
|Spoto High School||8538 Eagle Palm Dr., Riverview|
|Steinbrenner High School||5575 W. Lutz Lake Fern Rd., Lutz|
|Strawberry Crest High School||4691 Gallagher Rd., Dover|
|Sumner High School||10650 County Rd. 672, Riverview|
|Wharton High School||20150 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa|
If you need to apply for Free/Reduced lunch, click HERE to apply online.
Want to print out your school menus for breakfast and lunch? Click HERE
Have food allergies or dietary needs? Click HERE for more details.
- Please make sure your child can open ALL the items you send in their lunches! Aides will be available, but making sure your child can open their thermos, open all packaging, drinks, etc. will help everyone keep the lunchroom as touchfree and safe as possible.
- Cash WILL NOT be taken at school for lunches. Please pre-pay for lunches online HERE , or you can send a check into school for payment. (Please make sure your child’s name AND student number is on the memo line of the check)
- A la Carte items will not be for sale this year. Please plan your students lunches accordingly.
- Food pickup will be touchless…the lunch staff will help your child through the line and type in the lunch number for each child.
- Breakfast will still be available! There will be Grab and Go areas by the bus drop off and car drop off. ALL students are able to grab a breakfast for FREE and take it to their classroom to eat.
You can visit https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/departments/53 for menus, forms for dietary needs, a link for online payment for lunches, etc.